Include .xml documentation in releases?

Jan 23, 2009 at 7:14 PM
Trying this out at the moment, and so far it looks great. Very handy indeed.

Any chance that we can get the .xml documentation file included in releases? It's not a huge pain to get the latest source, run a build with Build -> XML documentation file checked, so this is just a convenience question really.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
-Scott
Coordinator
Jan 23, 2009 at 7:22 PM
Hey, Scott,

I'm assuming you mean the XML documentation for the framework itself, as the Step Library documentation is already available here (the first download link):

http://www.codeplex.com/merlin/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=21938

The decision to exclude the framework docs for the 1.0 release was intentional as some of those comments need to be updated. The 1.0.1 release (which will probably be out this weekend) will include the full docs for the framework and the step library.

Yev

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 3:15 PM, citizenparker <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Trying this out at the moment, and so far it looks great. Very handy indeed.

Any chance that we can get the .xml documentation file included in releases? It's not a huge pain to get the latest source, run a build with Build -> XML documentation file checked, so this is just a convenience question really.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
-Scott

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (merlin@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email merlin@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 23, 2009 at 7:24 PM
Yep, the separate .xml doc for the framework is indeed what I meant. This weekend, eh? Very exciting!

Thanks again,
-Scott
Jan 24, 2009 at 4:32 PM
Just realized that I wasn't being entirely clear with what I meant, after looking at your release this morning.

I was referring to the optional xml file Visual Studio can generate alongside a .pdb and a .dll that provides Intellisense support when a project references it. It can be generated via the Project Properties screen under Build.

Again, not a huge issue as it is easy to grab latest and make this myself.

Thanks,
-Scott
Coordinator
Jan 24, 2009 at 5:03 PM
Edited Jan 24, 2009 at 5:07 PM
Aahh, got it. I've added them to the release. Thanks for the heads up.