This project is read-only.

Feedback

Coordinator
Jan 12, 2009 at 10:21 AM
Edited Jan 12, 2009 at 10:22 AM
This is an area for all users of Merlin to ask questions, post feedback, share experiences, and so forth. We look forward to hearing from you.
Jun 14, 2009 at 10:06 AM
Edited Jun 14, 2009 at 3:47 PM

I am interested in using the Merlin wizard framework and having been having a little play and was wondering if I was doing something wrong.

I would like to be able to pre populate the wizard with values for given questions. I have a requirement where the user revists the wizard at a later date to modify the values and re-evalulate the input dependent on a customers feedback.

The documentation states that to achieve this I should set the Answer property on a Question but this doesn't seem to get the value into the text box for the user to see.

I have had a very brief look at the source code, and I do mean very brief, and can not see where the value past to the Answer property would get to the UI.

Any advice would be gratefully recieved.

Cheers

Coordinator
Jun 15, 2009 at 11:31 PM

Hi. I'm assuming you're trying to do something like this:

var textFormStep = new TextFormStep("Title", "prompt");
            textFormStep.AddQuestion("MyQuestion", "My Answer");
            textFormStep.AddQuestion("MyQuestion2", "My Answer2");

If so, congratulations! You've found a bug! I have just comitted a fix for it. We're not quite ready to do a new release right away, but if you download the source for the step library and build it yourself, you should be all set.

Jun 19, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Glad I could be of assistance :-).

Thanks for the response.